Terminate Pinellas Probation Early

How you terminate your Pinellas County probation starts with filing a motion requesting to terminate probation and setting a court date to appear before the judge.  At the court date the Judge will call your case and ask why Pinellas County should end your probation early.  If you have completed all of your terms and conditions then you are in good shape.  If you have completed half of your probation terms (6 months of a 12 month probation sentence) and all the terms and conditions of probation then you are in great shape to have your Pinellas County probation ended early.  

The original sentence imposed might specify when the judge will entertain a motion to terminate probation early.  With good cause many Judges will still hear a motion to terminate probation early and make a decision based on the facts presented. 

There is no legal requirement for Judges to let you off probation early.  There is also no legal requirement specifiying when you can file a motion requesting to end probation early. If you previously violated your probation it could hurt your chances of terminating early but it is still worth pursing.

Going in front of the Judge can be quite intimidating.  Many people become scared and are very uncomfortable when they talk to the Judge.  If you are unable to clearly speak to the Judge because you are not comfortable in that environment believe you are not alone.  Consider retaining the our services and have an attorney represent you in Court.  Contact your Pinellas County probation attorneys for help filing a motion to terminate your probation early. (727) 797-9600 in Pinellas County, (813) 333-6517 in Hillsborough County.