Comprehensive Defense Against Florida Drug Charges
Drug laws in both Florida and the rest of the nation have been steadily escalating since the 1990s. With mandatory minimum sentences imposed, a conviction on any trafficking or even a simple possession charge can have severe consequences.
The prospect of a lengthy prison or jail sentence, probation, home confinement or Community Control can cause any person to feel ruined and defenseless. Aside from the obvious penalties, the simple act of being charged with a crime can also damage your social and professional reputation. That’s why you need a drug attorney to make the legal process easier.
Put simply, if you’ve been charged with a drug offense in or around St. Petersburg, Tampa, New Port Richey or Bradenton, you need help. Don’t make the mistake of trying to go it alone. Obtain complete, accomplished legal services from a licensed drug attorney before your case nears trial. A drug attorney Tampa residents can trust will make a big difference in your case.
The skilled drug crime lawyers at the Rooth Law Group understand that being arrested for drug trafficking or possession in Florida can be a nerve-wracking and uncertain time for any individual. That’s why our pledge is to provide all-inclusive, compassionate representation for people charged with any drug-related offense.
When you become a client of the Rooth Law Group, we guarantee that your questions will be answered completely, your calls returned promptly and your case handled with personalized care. Don’t wait to hire a drug attorney. Tampa, St. Petersburg, Bradenton and New Port Richey residents can contact us today to learn more.
Experienced Defense Attorneys Who Get Results
Founding partner Ryan Rooth is a former prosecutor who has experience taking literally hundreds of cases to trial. His wide-ranging knowledge of criminal drug proceedings allows him to evaluate your case with the eye of a seasoned prosecutor, and then craft the best defense.
A Florida native whose family has a long history in the legal profession, Ryan is an energetic and dedicated advocate who will work aggressively to get the charges against you reduced, dropped or prepare your case in the event of a trial.
The Rooth Law Group represents individuals throughout West Central Florida charged with:
- Drug trafficking (marijuana, crack cocaine, heroin and others)
- Drug distribution
- Drug possession
- Possession of controlled substances (steroids and others)
- Prescription drug offenses (Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Xanax and other)
In Florida, the severity of drug charges are based on weight and the kind of substance involved in your case. Drug cases can be time-consuming and intricate. The state’s prosecutor will have a top-notch team behind him or her. Make sure you do too.
Call the experienced Tampa / St. Petersburg drug crime defense attorneys at Rooth Law Group today to schedule a free initial consultation: (727) 797-9600 in Pinellas County and (813) 333-6517 in Hillsborough County.
Blog for Drug Crimes / Drug Trafficking
- Florida Legislature Debates Over Pill Mill Epidemic
Description: If you have been charged with a drug crime, get your FREE book on your Florida Arrest or Drug Trafficking Charge here. Consult our experienced defense attorneys
- Senate Bill Challenges Law on Mandatory Minimum For Drug Traffickers
Description: Get FREE books on your drug trafficking case at Rooth Law Group’s website and law library. Contact our experienced drug crime attorneys for a free consultation
- Florida Attorney General Fighting Drug Trafficking Crimes
Description: Claim Your Free Book on Florida Criminal Defense Now! Our Tampa/St. Petersburg law firm routinely handles drug crime defenses cases, including drug trafficking and possession. Don’t go at your defense alone but hire an experienced and aggressive team to advocate for you today.
- Newborns the Victims of Florida Prescription Drug Epidemic
Description: Experienced Tampa Bay area defense attorneys at Rooth Law Group routinely represent individuals charged with possession or trafficking marijuana, methamphetamines, cocaine, and other drug paraphernalia. We have represented people implicated in cultivation and grow houses searches. We also represent many individuals who have been found with pharmaceutical drugs / prescription pills. If you’ve been charged with drug trafficking or drug possession in Florida call us today for a free consultation, (727) 797-9600 in Pinellas County, 813-333-6517 in Hillsborough County.
- JWH-018 aka “Fake Marijuana” – Should It Be Banned?
Description: Drug possession and drug trafficking is a very serious crime in Florida. For a free consultation, call experienced criminal defense attorneys at Rooth Law Group today: (727) 797-9600 in Pinellas County, 813-333-6517 in Hillsborough County.
- “Operation Pill Popper”: The Battle Against Pill Abuse in Tampa Bay
Description: Drug trafficking is a very serious crime and can carry mandatory minimum prison sentences if convicted. If you or a loved one has been accused of drug trafficking or any other drug time, now is not the time to take chances. Contact our experienced Florida drug crime defense attorneys today for a free consultation, (727) 797-9600 in Pinellas County, 813-333-6517 in Hillsborough County.
- Pinellas Attorney Arrested for Bartering Prescription Drugs
Description: If you need assistance with a drug trafficking charge or have been arrested for prescription pills, do not hesitate to call the Rooth Law Group today for a free consultation at (727) 797-9600 in Pinellas County, 813-333-6517 in Hillsborough County.
Library for Drug Crimes / Drug Trafficking:
- Arrested for Drug Trafficking! What Happens Next?
Description: Get your FREE book on Florida Drug Trafficking here! Meet with our experienced drug trafficking attorney and former prosecutor for a FREE consultation today!
- Tampa Bay Prescription Pill Abuse A Problem For Legitimate Patients
Description: A FREE book to answer common questions about your criminal case is available for download at Rooth Law Group’s website. Rooth Law Group are Tampa Bay Area criminal defense attorneys who are committed to the zealous defense of their clients’ legal rights. We offer free consultations at your convenience. Contact us today at (727) 797-9600 in Pinellas County, 813-333-6517 in Hillsborough County.
- Florida Marijuana Grow Houses on The Rise
Description: Law enforcement has made an increased number of marijuana cultivation arrests. The combination of few employment opportunities, a large number of abandoned and foreclosed homes, and the continued demand for marijuana has resulted in a drastic increase in marijuana grow houses. If you’ve been charged with drug trafficking or drug possession in Florida, don’t panic. Get an experience legal defense team on your side right away. Call Rooth Law Group today for a free consultation, (727) 797-9600 in Pinellas County, 813-333-6517 in Hillsborough County.
- When Does a “Knock and Talk” Become a Fourth Amendment Violation?
Description: A “knock and talk” is a legal consensual encounter with a law enforcement official but they can cross the line to become a warrantless search that violates Fourth Amendment rights. Do you think your constitutional rights may have been violated? Call us today for a free consultation, (727) 797-9600 in Pinellas County, 813-333-6517 in Hillsborough County.
- When the Fourth Amendment Does Not Protect You – Consensual Encounters
Description: A consensual encounter with a law enforcement officer is not considered a stop or search and therefore, is not entitled to Fourth Amendment protection. If you have questions about whether your constitutional rights were violated, call us today for a free consultation, (727) 797-9600 in Pinellas County, 813-333-6517 in Hillsborough County.
- How the U.S. Supreme Court’s Latest Search and Seizure Decision Could Affect You
Description: On April 21, 2009, the United States Supreme Court held that the police may search a passenger compartment of a car incident to an occupant’s arrest only if it is reasonable to believe that the arrestee might access the vehicle at the time of the search or that the vehicle contains evidence of the offense of arrest. Arizona v. Gant, 129 S. Ct. 1710 (2009). Contact us today for a free consultation if you have any questions about your search and seizure issue, (727) 797-9600 in Pinellas County, 813-333-6517 in Hillsborough County.
Frequent Questions for Drug Crimes / Drug Trafficking:
- I was arrested with a mixture of a controlled substance combined with a non-illegal substance. How will the State of Florida determine whether there are enough drugs present to warrant a charge of drug trafficking?
- What’s the penalty for drug trafficking in Florida?
- How does Florida law define what is a marijuana plant?
- I may be under investigation for operating a marijuana grow house in Florida. What kind of criminal charges could I be facing?
- What is the sentence for Drug Trafficking methamphetamine?
- What is the sentence for Drug Trafficking marijuana?
- What is the sentence for Drug Trafficking cannabis?
- What is the sentence for Drug Trafficking cocaine?
- What is considered a cannabis “plant” or a marijuana “plant”?
- What is the sentence for Drug Trafficking Heroin?
- What is the sentence for Drug Trafficking Oxycodone?
- What is the sentence for Drug Trafficking Hydrocodone?
- Who can waive or reduce a mandatory prison sentence for Drug Trafficking?
- If I plea to Drug Trafficking charges can the judge put me on probation without sending me to prison?
- In Drug Trafficking cases, if the cocaine or other drug is “cut” or mixed with another substance then how do they weight the actual amount of cocaine or other drugs?
- What should I do if a person leaves drugs or prescription pills, such as Xanax or Oxycodone in my car?
- Why hasn’t my case been dropped? My friend said his case was dropped for the same charge.
- My friend uses drugs but he’s not a drug trafficker! Why is he charged with trafficking drugs?
- Why do Drug Trafficking charges have mandatory prison sentences?
- The cops charged all four occupants of my friend’s car with possession even though the drugs were found in the glove box. Can they do that?
Case Results for Drug Crimes / Drug Trafficking:
- Armed Trafficking Marijuana and Amphetamines, Possession of Cocaine
- Trafficking Marijuana and Cultivating Marijuana, a 3 year mandatory prison sentence
- Possession of Marijuana
- Trafficking Cocaine over 400 grams, a 15 year mandatory Florida State Prison Sentence and on Federal Probation for Carrying a Concealed Firearm