Rooth Law Group is a full-service criminal defense law firm located in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. The majority of our practice is focused on criminal defense. We understand how stressful and intimidating it can be to go through the criminal justice system. No one should venture through this process without skilled and aggressive legal counsel on their side. Whether you need a St. Petersburg auto accident attorney, a criminal defense attorney, or a personal injury attorney, we will be there to represent your needs.
With a former prosecutor on staff, we have an inside understanding as to how the State Attorney’s Office works and what they consider in deciding whether to reduce or drop a charge. We will work diligently to protect your constitutional rights and minimize the effect the criminal charge has on your life and that of your family. If you have been arrested for a crime in Florida, do not hesitate to contact Rooth Law Group for a free consultation today.
If you have been arrested for a crime in Florida, do not hesitate to contact Rooth Law Group for a free consultation today.
Comprehensive Criminal Defense Practice
Drug Crimes: We routinely represent individuals charged with drug trafficking, sale and delivery, and possession, related to a wide variety of substances including cocaine, marijuana, crystal meth, and prescription pills.
Driving Under the Influence/Boating Under the Influence: We work hard to defend all DUI/BUI charges with the help of a St. Petersburg auto accident attorney, regardless of whether it is your first or fifth.
Traffic Violations: We represent a wide range of traffic infractions, both criminal and civil. These include speeding tickets, careless driving, reckless driving, and driving with a suspended license.
Domestic Violence: Domestic disputes often arise in relationships involving significant bonds – spouses, current or prior partners, or family members. We also represent individuals charged with violating domestic violence injunctions.
Battery/Assault: We represent individuals accused of misdemeanor and felony battery and assault, including battery/assault of a law enforcement officer and other agents.
Violation of Probation/Community Control: We will aggressively work to get you back to the status of your prior sentence or an ever better sentence. We can also represent you in your request for the judge to withdraw the warrant for your arrest.
Sealing and Expungement: We complete the complicated paperwork for you so that you can be rid of your criminal record for good.
Juvenile Offenses: We zealously represent youths charged with juvenile crimes such as underage drinking, vandalism, theft, battery and assault.
Internet Crimes: A relatively new area of law, we keep abreast as to the latest developments and represent individuals charged with improperly manipulating computer data, theft of intellectual property, internet fraud, and more.
Theft Crimes: We handle worthless checks, burglary, robbery, shoplifting, dealing with stolen property, theft, and grand theft charges.
This is by no means an all-inclusive list of the crimes we handle.
If you have been arrested, contact the Rooth Law Group today to schedule a free initial consultation: (727) 797-9600 in Pinellas County, (813) 333-6517 in Hillsborough County.
Blog for General Criminal Defense
- St Pete Police Program To Track Young Criminals
Description: Get your FREE book on Florida Criminal Defense and call us: (727) 797-9600 in Pinellas County, (813) 333-6517 in Hillsborough County
- Florida Attorney General Bondi Against Automatic Restoration of Felons’ Rights
Description: For a FREE book guiding you through the criminal process, visit Rooth Law Group’s website. Contact our experienced criminal defense attorneys today.
- Florida Video Captures Image of Child Abduction Suspect
Description: Amazing video footage captured from a Bradenton home surveillance system shows a young child pursued by a man. Will the video help locate this suspect? No one knows, but criminal law detectives are warning parents and child. The video might be a crucial tool for law enforcement to help identify a suspect and to prosecute him for violating Florida criminal laws. Rooth Law Group, (727) 797-9600.
- Criminal Arrests at Tampa’s Gasparilla Invasion Down
Description: Gasparilla 2011 saw fewer arrests for criminal charges of driving under the influence, boating under the influence, disorderly conduct and underage drinking than in 2010. The criminal offenses led to many of those charged to receive citations and notices to appear in court while others were taken to the Hillsborough County Jail for booking.
- Stewart Murder Trial: Stand Your Ground Defense or Senseless Death?
Description: If you have been charged with murder, do not leave your entire future to chance. Call former prosecutor and experienced criminal defense attorney Ryan Rooth today for a free consultation: (727) 797-9600 in Pinellas County, (813) 333-6517 in Hillsborough County.
- How Jail Time Credit Applies to Concurrent or Consecutive Sentences
Description: If you have been charged with a crime or believe your sentencing was in error, contact an experienced criminal defense or appellate attorney at Rooth Law Group today for a free consultation: (727) 797-9600 in Pinellas County, (813) 333-6517 in Hillsborough County.
- What is Restitution and How is it Calculated under Florida Law?
Description: Is restitution part of your sentence? A recent 2nd district court case addresses what the trial court should look at to determine the amount of restitution. If you have questions about restitution owed in your case, call Rooth Law Group today for a free consultation, (727) 797-9600 in Pinellas County, (813) 333-6517 in Hillsborough County.
- Failure to Comply with Juvenile’s Right to Counsel Procedure Results in Reversal of Delinquency
Description: Do you have questions about your juvenile charge or a criminal appeal? Talk to an experienced criminal defense attorney today. Call Rooth Law Group for a free consultation: (727) 797-9600 in Pinellas County, (813) 333-6517 in Hillsborough County.
- Criminal Mischief Conviction Upheld, Probation Term Sentence Reversed
Description: If you have been charged with crime or have questions about your probation sentence, call Rooth Law Group today for a free consultation, (727) 797-9600 in Pinellas County, (813) 333-6517 in Hillsborough County.
- When Does Deputy Testimony and Prior Conviction Evidence Constitute Inadmissible Hearsay?
Description: If you have been charged with a crime such as burglary, or any other theft offense, you should hire an experienced criminal defense attorney. Contact Rooth Law Group today for a free consultation: (727) 797-9600 in Pinellas County, (813) 333-6517 in Hillsborough County.
Library for General Criminal Defense:
- What Happens If I Do Not Complete The PTI Program?
Description: Completing the PTI diversion program is so important. The benefits of completing the program far out way any result you can get in court. If you do violate try and get back into the diversion program. Completing the diversion program in any Tampa Bay county will result in the dismissal of the charges brought against you.
- Need a St. Pete Criminal Defense Attorney? Look No Further:
Description: If you need a lawyer in St. Petersburg then hire a lawyer how knows Pinellas County. Hiring a local attorney to represent you on your local criminal charges is the best way to start your defense team. Our attorneys routinely represent clients in Pinellas, Hillsborough, Pasco and Manatee counties. By staying local we get the best results for you, the client. Call us today for a free consultation: (727) 797-9600.
- You Must Directly Assert Right to Remain Silent
Description: Why choose our criminal defense law firm? Former prosecutor, years of criminal defense experience, and more. If you have been arrested in Florida, contact the Rooth Law Group today to schedule a free initial consultation: (727) 797-9600 in Pinellas County, (813) 333-6517 in Hillsborough County.
- Is Pretrial Intervention Diversion Program Right for You?
Description: Pretrial intervention programs, also known as diversion programs, are intended to provide appropriate counseling, education, supervision, and medical and psychological services. A diversion program may or may not be appropriate, depending on your goals and the circumstances of your case. If you are faced with a misdemeanor or felony charge, contact Rooth Law Group for a free consulation to discuss your options today: (727) 797-9600 in Pinellas County, (813) 333-6517 in Hillsborough County.
- Avoiding an Arrest Warrant in Pinellas County
Description: Be sure to follow all court-ordered directions throughout your criminal case to avoid the issuance of a bench warrant. These duties can include attending your pre-trial dates, paying fines due in a timely manner, and completing your assigned community service obligations. If you are unable to attend a pre-trial date or meet any of your obligations, make sure your attorney informs the court in advance of the court date or deadline. If you have a warrant out for your arrest, call Rooth Law Group today for a free consultation, (727) 797-9600 in Pinellas County, (813) 333-6517 in Hillsborough County.
- What to Expect at Booking
Description: What typically occurs when you are booked into jail or prison? Is the booking process that I (or my husband, wife, son, or daughter) was subject to constitute a typical booking? This article should address those questions and more. Call Rooth Law Group today for a free consultation, (727) 797-9600 in Pinellas County, (813) 333-6517 in Hillsborough County.
- What to Expect in an Arrest
Description: What typically occurs during an arrest? Did the arrest that took place against me, my husband/wife/son/daughter constitute a typical arrest? This article should address those questions and more. Call Rooth Law Group today for a free consultation about your criminal charges, (727) 797-9600 in Pinellas County, (813) 333-6517 in Hillsborough County.
- What To Expect In A Police Investigation
Description: Where you interrogated by a police officer because you were suspected of illegal activity? Do you think the police investigation was improper? This article will explain what is routine procedure when a police officer makes an investigation and what you should be concerned about if you find yourself in this unfortunate situation. If you have been charged with a crime, call Rooth Law Group today for a free consultation, (727) 797-9600 in Pinellas County, (813) 333-6517 in Hillsborough County.
- Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” Law
Description: Florida judges across the state have been entering conflicting decisions about the scope and limitations of the “Stand Your Ground” law. If you have questions about how the current law may effect your defense, call Rooth Law Group today for a free consultation, (727) 797-9600 in Pinellas County, (813) 333-6517 in Hillsborough County.
Frequent Questions for General Criminal Defense:
- What’s the difference between a misdemeanor and a felony?
- What happened to my personal property when I was arrested and how do I get it back?
- Does Hillsborough County have a criminal diversion program?
- Does Pasco County have a criminal diversion program?
- Does Pinellas County have a diversion program?
- What is an FTA?
- Can I hire a defense attorney outside of St. Petersburg, Florida for my criminal case?
- Can I hire a lawyer for a Pinellas County bond motion?
- I reside out of state but was charged for a crime in Florida. I want to plea my case. Do I need to travel back to Florida to plea?
- Should I tell my Florida lawyer I am not a U.S. citizen?
- Can I reach an St. Petersburg attorney at night or on the weekend?
- How can I find out if someone is in the Pinellas County Jail?
- What is restitution?
- How do I find out what evidence the police have against me?
- What is the Pinellas County criminal diversion program?
- How do I get out of jail?
- What are the chances I will go to prison?
- Do the police have to read my Miranda rights before they arrest me?
Case Results for General Criminal Defense:
- New Port Richey Worthless Check Case Dismissed
- Filing a False Police Report in Largo FL
- Arrested and Tased for Obstructing or Opposing an Officer in Pinellas
- Attempted Sexual Battery Charges Dropped
- Child Abuse
- 5 Year Habitual Traffic Offender Suspension Removed
- Underage Possession of Alcohol
- Disorderly Conduct
- Burglary of a Conveyance and Grand Theft
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon
- Worthless Check
- Petit Theft
- Child Neglect felony (media case)
- Robbery Sudden Snatching (prior 2nd Degree Murder)
- Worthless Check
Videos about General Criminal Defense: